Donnerstag, 1. März 2012

My birthday at Lake Eland

01.03.2012


Actually I don't know where we are going next. Mike says he wants to show me something and I am just going with the flow!
But later I find out that our next stop is the Lake Eland Game Reserve.

Drei

On our way

 

Mikes invites us to a trip on the Zip Lines! We are sliding through the Gorge for 4.4 kms on cables.

Zip

Me on the zip line

 

After that we are having a short stop at the eagle's nest view point.

Gorge

Gorge

 

EagleView

Franzi

 

EagleNest

Here you can see the nest of the eagle.

 

Starling

Red-winged starling
Onychognathus morio

 

RedWiged

 

Me

 

IngoIch

Ingo and me

 

Back

You have to pass the suspension bridge to get to the view point.

 

Suspend

 

Bridge

 

On our way back we see lots of the real south african animals.

Aussicht

 

Tiere

 

Zebra

Burchell's Zebra
Equus burchelli

 

Zebras

 

Tier1

Blue Wildebeest
Connochaetes taurinus

 

Tier2

 

Eat

 

Po

Blesbok
Damaliscus dorcas phillipsi

 

Tier3

 

Hoerner

 

Weg

Oribis
Ourebia ourebi

 

Run

Tonight we are invited at Heather and Daryl's for dinner!
I had a great summer birthday in South Africa !!!

____________________

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen