Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2012

Joining hands for Biodiversity

18.10.2012

Alex, Christian, Christoph, Isabel and I take part in the action "Joining hands for Biodiversity" from the students of Hyderabad today. Then GYBN hands out the Busy Bee Award.
We are starting early, because we are suppose to be at the main entrance of the HICC area at 7:30 a.m. As we arrive by bus, there are already lots of students in animal costumes and with banners.

hitex
At the main entrance


nym
Nymisha gets face painted.


fish
Mahender, the fish


line


green


papa
I have a paramecium on my cheek.


bunt


isa
Isabel


ele


chris
Christian


red


wir
Bhargar and I


germ
Nymisha, Isabel and Alex


pussy
Christoph as the octopus


bsch


bharath
Bharath


group

At 9:30 a.m. our press conference of the Busy Bee starts. Alex, Juliane and Nymisha get dressed as busy bees and hand over the awards to Gabon and the African Group. The African group was really constructive in the negotiations about resource mobilisation and Gabon supported our youth statement.

bb
Nymisha, Alex and Juliane
our busy bees


plenum


conf


award
Gabon and the African Group recieve their deserved awards.


alex
Alex


nymisha
and Nymisha give interviews.

Afterwards we get in position to get nice photos of the action "Joining hands for Biodiversity".

swetha
Swetha


jungs


zebra


groupi


foto
Lots of press everywhere


tree
Swetha and I

We go back to the HICC to join the side events. I visit the side event by the organization "World Wide Views on Biodiversity", which presents their projects.
Meanwhile Melina is in the High Level Segments and brings the youth intervention as GYBN together with Ananya from Go4BioDiv.

moth
Hawks Death Moth
Acherontia atropos


moth2


meli
Melina representing GYBN


NAJU

During the day we collected a lot of news clippings with articles about youth participation at the CBD COP 11 and pictures from us in sarees from yesterday.

nes


extinct
Act now! I don't want one (25 % of 4) of my friends go extinct ):


dodo
Dodo Award in "The Hindu"


bueg


press
GYBN in sarees


fett
Youth participation


andh

Tonight we have our secound side event given by NAJU and Go4BioDiv. Svana assumes the introduction of NAJU.
I want to walk back to our hotel and get a little bit lost.

climb
Climbing over some rocks


where


ck
Just following the others and pretending to know where I am.


rohre
Construction zone


stop
Half a bridge


train
At Hi-Tech City train station
I didn't even know, there is a train running in Hyderabad.


tracks
Climbing over train tracks


schild
Train is coming.

I continue walking, but it's nothing coming up, that I recognize. So on a huge junction I ask a women for the way to Inorbit Mall. I walked northwards although I had to go southwards. She assigns her husband to explain me the way back. He takes me to the bus number 194 which runs directly to Inorbit Mall. It only costs me 7 rupees. Thanks for the help! Nice adventure, but I am glad I found my way back to the hotel, because tomorrow I want to join the last day of the CBD COP 11.

On the NAJU-Blog you find a german version!

____________________

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen